Sustainability Ambition 2030
In 2021, the Board of Directors set the “Sustainability Ambition 2030” with three basic pillars. These are 1) Climate and Energy, 2) Circular Economy and 3) Biodiversity and Water. There are also two interconnecting themes which form the baseline and heart of our operations respectively – Occupational Health and Safety and our Community & Stakeholder Engagement as well as human rights respect.
Following the direction from the Sustainability Steering Committee, the EXCO assigned sustainability country coordinators and working groups to define country specific sustainability roadmaps, with baseline from Year 2020, and ensure progress is being made.
• Climate & Energy: INSEE Vietnam has earned a reputation for consistently reducing carbon emissions due to its high awareness of monitoring and assessing environmental impacts, improving technology, and effectively controlling emissions. INSEE has implemented numerous solutions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and protect the environment, including waste management and emission control, while continuously developing environmentally friendly products.
• Circular Economy: INSEE Vietnam's approach to Green Manufacturing in the Circular Economy focuses on reducing the use of raw materials and producing energy ourselves in products with the potential to recycle or reuse them in the manufacturing process.
• Biodiversity & Water: Biodiversity Conservation & Efficient Water Management are important sustainable development goals that INSEE Vietnam consistently pursues. At INSEE, as a responsible leader, we recognize water as a resource that requires good management, and quarry rehabilitation is one of the core components of our environmental targets.
• Community & Stakeholder Engagement: Stakeholders play a significant role in INSEE's long-term development objectives in Vietnam. Therefore, we engage with stakeholders annually through meetings, social activities and continuously work towards building sustainable communities.
• Occupational Health & Safety: Health and safety is at the center of everything we do, from our daily routine tasks in our plants to our customers' project worksites, and our actions in neighboring communities. Our aspiration is to conduct our business with "Zero Harm" to people and create a healthy and safe working environment for our employees, contractors, communities, and customers.